Monday, February 19, 2018

"On Arafat's Yahrzeit"

It just so happens that my "On Arafat's Yahrzeit" was published today by HEArt Online Journal: Human Equity through Art! And as you can tell by the title, it's about Israel-Palestine, so I'm counting it as my poem for the week.

The long winter seems to be letting up, and we're in for a four-day spell of rain, complete with all manner of warnings. But it's rain! It won't be that cold! I've always read that peas don't mind a little snow, so today I went and did my best to plant peas in one of my soil's-only-frozen-in-the-corner raised beds. I rarely plant my peas early enough to be good and sick and them by the time it's time to pull them up and put in the green beans, so here's hoping. We'll see what happens. But probably because I didn't start artichokes in the basement this year (after two years of meager rewards), it felt good to have my hands in the dirt again.

No comments:

Post a Comment